HNC in Business // Level 4
This course is delivered at our Queen
Alexandra Sixth Form College in North Shields.
The BTEC Higher National qualifications in Business are aimed at students wanting to continue their education through applied learning.
At Level 4 students develop a broad knowledge and awareness of key aspects of the business sector through six core units, which includes one unit assessed by a Pearson-set assignment.
Higher Nationals provide a wide-ranging study of the business sector and are designed for students who wish to pursue or advance their career in business.
The mandatory units are:
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Operations
- Management Accounting
- Managing a successful business project (Pearson-set unit) [Externally Marked]
The two further optional units at Level 4 from the following:
- Business Law
- Innovation and Commercialisation
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Financial Accounting
Students should be at least 18 years old and have either:
- BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business;
- GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject.
- Other related Level 3 qualifications
- An Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved further education institution
- Applicants without formal qualifications
but with appropriate work experience or other qualifications can apply.
Progression & Careers
Graduates successfully completing the course will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the basic concepts of business. You will have developed a range of transferable skills to ensure effective team working, independent initiatives, organisational competence and problem-solving strategies.
These skills can lead onto a diverse range of career opportunities within business.
* The University of Sunderland has a wide range of scholarships on offer. Find out more.
Higher Education Loans
Further information about funding your Higher Education can be found here.
FutureMe in the North East
The North East Collaborative Outreach Programme (NECOP) has launched its FutureMe programme of activity and support to increase the number of young people from the North East progressing to higher education.
|Location||Queen Alexandra Campus|
|Annual fee||£6000.00 *|