HND in Business // Level 5
The Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business offers student’s seven specialist pathways designed to support progression into relevant occupational areas or on to degree-level study.
These pathways are linked to Professional Body standards (where appropriate) and can provide professional status and progression to direct employment.
The Level 5 Higher National Diploma offers the following specialist pathways for students who wish to concentrate on a particular aspect of business.
At Level 5 students develop a broad knowledge and awareness of key aspects of the business sector through six core units, which include one unit assessed by a Pearson-set assignment.
The mandatory units are:
- Research Project (Pearson-Set) – equivalent to two units
- Organisational Behaviour
There five further optional units at Level 5 from the following:
- Accounting and Finance
· Statistics for Management
- Business Operations Management
· Business Strategy
· Business IT Systems
· Business Systems
- Human Resource Management
· Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations
· Human Resources – Value and Contribution to Organisational Success
· Consumer Behaviour and Insight
· Customer Value Management
· Sales Management
· International Marketing
· Brand Management
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
· Planning for Growth
· Tapping into New and International Markets
· Pitching and Negotiation Skills
Progression & Careers
Graduates successfully completing the Higher National Certificate and the Higher National Diploma will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the basic concepts of business. You will be able to communicate accurately and appropriately and they will have the qualities needed for employment that requires some degree of personal responsibility. This can lead onto a diverse range of careers within Business.
* The University of Sunderland has a wide range of scholarships on offer. Find out more.
Higher Education Loans
Further information about funding your Higher Education can be found here.
FutureMe in the North East
The North East Collaborative Outreach Programme (NECOP) has launched its FutureMe programme of activity and support to increase the number of young people from the North East progressing to higher education.
|Location||Queen Alexandra Campus|
|Annual fee||£6000.00 *|