Diploma in Painting & Decorating // Level 1
The course for you if ...
You would love to work in the construction industry as a painter or decorator. This Level 1 Diploma in Painting & Decorating is for individuals who work or want to work as a painter and decorator in the construction sector.
This course allows you to learn and develop the basic knowledge and skills required for employment and a career as a painter and decorator. The course is delivered through a mixture of theory-based and practical sessions.
You will study units such as:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building
- Information and communication
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller to non-complex areas
- Applying foundation and plain papers
- Producing specialist decorative finishes.
The College does not set entry requirements for this qualification, but staff will discuss your potential to gain the qualification successfully at the course interview.
You will be assessed through a series of externally set question papers, practical assignments and and job knowledge.
Progression & Careers
You could progress onto further study at TMC, such as a Level 2 Diploma in Painting & Decorating, or begin your career as a painting and decorating apprentice