BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering // Level 3
This is a top-up course for those holding a BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering. It is designed to give full-time learners the opportunity to enter higher education or employment in the engineering sector by developing a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
Areas of study include
- Further mathematics
- Properties and applications of engineering materials
- Electro, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and devices
- Computer Aided Drafting in engineering
- Welding technology
- Electronic circuit design and manufacture
- Electrical technology
- Three-phase motors and drives
- Communications for engineering technicians
- Engineering project
- Mechanical principles and applications OR Electrical and electronic principles (depending on previous study)
You will be working in excellent facilities, using industry-standard equipment safely and you’ll be taught by engineers with vast industry experience and close relationships with some of the region’s largest employers.
BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering. Four GCSEs at Grade C or above, including maths, English and science. An interview with a course tutor is also required.
You will be required to complete internally assessed assignments.
Progression & careers
The Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering allows you to gain the skills you need to progress to higher education, higher-level engineering course, seek an apprenticeship or simply enjoy working within an engineering environment. You will gain expertise on this course that will provide you with the essential components of an engineering career.
|Campus||Coast Road Campus|