Certificate in Personal Training Level 3 // Level 3
This qualification gives learners the knowledge and skills to work with individual and groups of client in a personal training setting. Successful achievement of the qualification will allow the learner to gain employment within an organisational setting, or alternatively in a self-employed environment. It also provides access onto The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at level 3.
Requirements to study
- A suitable Level 2 qualification in Gym / Fitness Instructing
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) an application of number involved, and learners should have basic skills in communication and application of number pitched at levels 3 and 2 respectively.
Aims of the course
- To provide learners with the knowledge of anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness
- To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to successfully gather and analyse client information using the most accepted techniques
- To provide learners with the knowledge and kills to assess a client’s current health and fitness status
- To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to plan and conduct a physical activity session, within a variety of environments using multiple resources
- To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to perform a client consultation using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change
The course offers visits to local gyms and health clubs to allow candidates to experience the health and fitness industry.
Guest speakers will come in to share their experiences and offer an insight into the health & fitness industry.
Assessment is through completion of workbooks, report writing, group work and a range of practical assessments.
- This qualification provides progression to Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training for learners who wish to develop and demonstrate occupational competence in personal training
- Learners may also progress onto qualifications in related sectors, like Sports Massage, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practice sports massage alongside personal training in the health club environment or own business
- Alternatively, learners may broaden their knowledge and skills by progressing onto qualifications mapping to additional branches of the Level 3 Standards, such as Exercise Referral and Leisure Management
Personal Trainer within a gym setting / Self-employed Personal Trainer
|Campus||Coast Road Campus|