The Gateway Team
Our Gateway Team has dedicated Student Advisors who will be more than happy to help you with any questions or concerns you may have about courses, careers or life at college in general. You'll find the Advisors in The Gateway, our drop in centre located just inside the main entrance.
Our Gateway Team offer you help and advice in the following:
- Course advice
- Financial support
- Counselling appointments
If you have other general enquiries then please call into The Gateway where we will be happy to help.
- Student Finance - FAQs
- TyneMet/QA Young Peoples Guide to Financial Support
- TyneMet/QA Adults Guide to Fees and Financial Support
Gateway opening times & contact details
Term-time: Monday 9am - 5pm, Tuesday - Thursday 9am - 6.30pm, Friday 9am - 4.30pm
Holidays: Monday - Thursday 9am - 5pm, Friday 9am - 4.30pm
Telephone: 0191 229 5000
Did you know
Thanks to our Gateway Team, students rated TyneMet College as 2nd in the UK overall for the ease of its enrolment procedure.*
* QDP Independent Student Feedback 2012/13
- Frequently asked questions
- If you're aged 19 or over and want to study A Levels, an Access to Higher Education Diploma or a Level 3 to 6 further education qualification starting after 1st August 2016 you may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan.
FREE travel and FREE lunches for 16-18 year olds*
If you live more than 3 miles from the College and your household income is less than £25k per year, you may be eligible for a free travel pass (if you live in Tyne & Wear) or financial support towards travel (if you live in an area outside of Tyne & Wear) of up to £300 per term or £900 per year.
Learners who live within the North Tyneside Council area need to apply to the council for help with travel costs.
If you are studying full-time, with an income of less than £25k per year, you may be entitled to free lunches.
*All support is subject to criteria