The Gateway, Student Services
Tyne Metropolitan College offers a range of courses and training options available across all levels, from entry level to Higher Education. The college have a team of dedicated Student Advisors who will be more than happy to help you explore options available to find the right next step for you. You'll find the Advisors in The Gateway, our drop in centre located just next to Reception at the main entrance of college of our Coast Road campus.
Our Gateway Team offer you help and advice in the following:
- Course and training information, advice and guidance
- Financial support information, advice and guidance
- Book student counselling appointments
- Signposting to other services
If you would like support with any of the above or have other general enquiries we are available during the following hours.
Gateway opening times
Term-time: Monday 9am - 5pm, Tuesday - Thursday 9am - 7pm, Friday 9am - 4.30pm
College Holidays: Monday - Thursday 9am - 5pm, Friday 9am - 4.30pm
Telephone: 0191 229 5000, option 2
Did you know
Thanks to our Gateway Team, students rated TyneMet College as 2nd in the UK overall for the ease of its enrolment procedure.*
* QDP Independent Student Feedback 2012/13
- Frequently asked questions
- If you're aged 19 or over and want to study A Levels, an Access to Higher Education Diploma or a Level 3 to 6 further education qualification starting after 1st August 2016 you may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan.
FREE travel and FREE lunches for 16-18 year olds*
If you live more than 3 miles from the College and your household income is less than £25k per year, you may be eligible for a free travel pass (if you live in Tyne & Wear) or financial support towards travel (if you live in an area outside of Tyne & Wear) of up to £300 per term or £900 per year.
Learners who live within the North Tyneside Council area need to apply to the council for help with travel costs.
If you are studying full-time, with an income of less than £25k per year, you may be entitled to free lunches.
*All support is subject to criteria